Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No, we're not trying...

...to get pregnant.

Apparently that was the impression some people got from last weeks posts that were directed towards the newly pregnant GBS readers. 

Do we want another baby?  Yes, absolutely.  Several more, in fact.

Do we want another baby soon?  Umm....kinda soon, I guess.  Casey and I have always said a big fat positive pregnancy test would be a great Christmas present.  Lulu would be 9 months old, which would mean she and Baby #2 would be about 18 months apart, and we just so happen to love that age difference.  ;-)

When my doctor asked if I was interested in any form of birth control at my 6 week postpartum visit, I smiled and said, "No, thank you!"  You see, we're not trying to get pregnant, but we're also not trying to not get pregnant.  If I got a BFP tomorrow, I'd be thrilled (and slightly terrified)!  Lulu was the best surprise two people could ask for, and Casey and I agree that that would be the best way to have all of our children. 

Of course, breastfeeding is somewhat notorious for suppressing ovulation...so I think getting that BFP tomorrow is highly unlikely.  Our family is in God's hands, He has a plan for us, and we trust in Him completely.


When are you hoping to start trying to conceive Baby #2?  Is anyone else hoping to have two kiddos close in age? 

No comments:

Post a Comment