Friday, October 7, 2011

Always the Pack Mule

Somehow it's easier for me to carry the diaper bag, my purse, my lunch, my pump bag, a water bottle, and a change of clothes, than it is for me to carry my kid in her car seat.

Lucy = 21 pounds
Car seat = 7 pounds
Lucy + Car seat = More than I care to handle

Same story when it comes to grocery shopping.  I'll grab a dozen grocery bags before I'll grab Lulu.  (I make Casey carry her, I don't leave her roasting in the car.)

I feel like maybe, just maybe, this looks a little funny.  I, the "dainty" wife, carrying enough crap for a ten people, and my manly husband is carrying the infant car seat with our cute chubby baby. 

Maybe it's time to bust out the convertible car seat.

Gee, ya think Ma?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I remember that well. We busted out the convertible car seat around the same age as Lucy is now for this very reason. 21 pound babies + car seats = too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us and our big babies!! Proof that they are destined to be together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the convertible! We're planning on doing it in a month or so and Aria is only 16ish lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I've had our convertible in my Amazon shopping cart for about 2 weeks now, I just need to stinking press- order!

    ReplyDelete