Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Party

Oh, the party...I don't think I can say how genuinely grateful I am that it's behind us... 

I tried really, really hard to throw the perfect party (because of my idol this one food blogger).  A lot of time went into planning and preparing for this little shindig; I did not, however, anticipate a hail storm or congested birthday girl on the day of the party.  All wrenches aside, I'd say it was actually a success.  (My photography skills, on the other hand, not so much.  Jenn, I stole most of your pictures.)  Here are a few pics from the day:

All the baby friends!
Momma blowing out the candle, because Lu had no interest whatsoever.
Smashing cake is overrated, it's all about sucking the candle clean.
In fact, screw the cake.  The icing is the good part.
We only made it about halfway through the mound of presents before the birthday girl needed a nap!

Royal Icing Sugar Cookie Favors

The yummy menu (not adequately photographed above) included:

Tomato-Basil Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Italian Pasta Salad
Deviled Eggs
Veggies with Garlic Dill Dip
Fresh Fruit

And for dessert:

White Cake with Strawberry Filling and Pink Buttercream
Ginormous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fudge Brownies
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (courtesy of my darling, Meg)

It was the perfect day, surrounded by our family and friends, lots of food, and PINK everything.  I'm still trying to figure out how we crammed so much love in my teeny tiny living room.  A big thank you to everyone who attended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment