Saturday, March 10, 2012

16 Weeks

How far along?  16w0d

How big is baby?  Avocado!  4.6 inches long and 3.5 ounces; he can now hear my voice, he's growing hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows, and forming taste buds. 

Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 114 pounds this morning; which is a 1 pound gain from last week, and an overall gain of 4.4 pounds.  Followed my diet pretty closely and walked two nights.  I feel like my belly exploded overnight; all of sudden I look like I could be 30 weeks pregnant!  Love my baby bump!!!  I wore maternity dresses and skirts all week long, but I am still able to wear regular sweat pants to bed and jeans with the belly band.  Stretch marks are still pretty pale and the belly button is shallow - I'm actually thinking about braving the bikini this summer.  Whoa!

Please excuse my Just Rolled Out of Bed look

How I'm feeling?  I have become obsessed with sugar free, decaf iced coffee; but for some reason a lot places don't offer it.  My trips through the Dunkin Donuts drive through led to a second craving...tuna salad on a plain bagel.  My energy varies by the day - there are days that I'm extremely motivated and accomplish a lot, and then there are days that I take 2 or 3 hour naps.  Also, got my first bloody nose on Wednesday, and another on Thursday.

What's been on my mind?  I'm worried with the sudden growth spurt that Babe will take after Uncle Cole and be 10+ pounds at birth...  Also, I miss wine.  A lot.

What I'm looking forward to?  More frequent and stronger movement.  I felt a lot of movement this week, especially whenever I held Lucy.  (I'm sure Babe could feel his big sister pressing on him.)   

Best moment this week?  Finding out that Lucy is going to have a baby brother!!!  Second best moment had to be this morning when Lucy started petting my belly and smushing her face against it.

Prenatal Visit:  I saw my doctor on Friday afternoon.  Those visits are always pretty uneventful...pee in a cup and listen to the heartbeat.  This time we discussed the results of the sequential blood screen that I had on Monday, which is deserving of it's own post...  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work; you are doing awesome and look wonderful! I had a flashback when you mentioned your second craving. With Jaye, I craved tuna on white bread with Doritos. It had to be plain tuna with just enough mayo to bind it and fresh white bread, generic but it had to be totally soft and fresh. And look at what an amazing baby I got! I just know Babalou is going to be totally precious; I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, Cindy, that is hilarious! I think it's the simple, classic meals that sound the most appetizing. Thank you, as always, for the sweet compliments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the bump! Seriously Tay- you're like the most ridiculously beautiful pregnant woman there (even with "just rolled out of bed hair look")

    ReplyDelete