Thursday, March 22, 2012

17 Weeks

***Extremely late***  Figured I should probably post this before my next weekly update. 

How far along?  17w5d

How big is baby?  Onion!  5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces; cartilage is turning into bone, he's finally putting a little meat on those bones, and the umbilical cord is growing larger and stronger. 

Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 116.6 pounds on Saturday morning; which is a 2.6 pound gain from last week, and an overall gain of 7 pounds.  Ugggg.  I cringe at the thought of what my weight would be if I wasn't watching carbs and exercising.  Still wearing all pre-pregnancy pants with the belly band and maternity shirts.  So very proud of my ass for still being able to fit in my pants.  No new stretch marks and my belly button is approximately the size of a Tic Tac.  Also, a totally random pregnancy symptom, the skin on my hands is so grossly dry that they're actually cracking.


How I'm feeling?  Lots of energy.  We walked four times this week, and I stayed up until 11:00-11:30 each night baking and prepping for Lucy's party.  (When I did sleep) I had tons of dreams about Babe, mostly of what he'll look like.  In my dreams I'm staring at his face and rubbing his cheeks, and then I wake up to find my shirt has crept up and I'm rubbing my belly.  Oh, and my only craving was for buttermilk waffles, specifically the ones from Sweet Tomatoes...but I did not give in!  I actually followed my diet everyday but Wednesday, when I ate two cookies.  

What's been on my mind?  I'd like to start painting the nursery after Lulu's birthday party, and I'm thinking about making DIY crib skirts

What I'm looking forward to?  A bigger belly and stronger, more frequent baby kicks.

Best moment this week?  Seeing my reflection with a great big belly.  Also, being told that I'm "all belly".  Hello!  Best compliment you can give a pregnant lady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment