Whenever I tell people that we are a co-sleeping family, they look at my like I have two heads. People just assume Lucy sleeps in her crib, and that she has for months. I find that quite frustrating, and even offensive at times.
I know we've already had this conversation about why bed-sharing is awesome, but I feel like taking it a step further and sharing the top ten reasons why I love it...
10. Lucy sleeps better, and that means I sleep better.
9. I get to fall asleep listening to Lucy breathing. (Does that sound creepy?)
8. It gives new meaning to the phrase "Fast Food", I can whip my boob out and go right back to sleep.
7. Saturday mornings. (My favorite part of the week!) We wake up and play, and cuddle, take pictures, and just enjoy each other. No rushing around to get to work or wherever else.
6. No need for one of those pesky baby monitors!
5. It put my mind at ease knowing the SIDS risk was decreased.
4. I like to think that this bond and closeness is creating a foundation for our relationship in the years to come, as it did for my mom and I. (Maybe that's an Italian thing?)
3. Catching Lulu laughing and smiling in her sleep.
2. Watching Casey kiss Lucy and talk to her in the mornings, before he leaves for work, when he thinks I'm still asleep.
1. Waking up to Goosey's sweet face.
Of course there is one small drawback to bed-sharing... Now that Lulu has gotten a little bigger and more mobile, I occasionally have to fight for my side of the bed!