Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm thirsty.

Pregnancy has forever altered my body; and, I'm not talking about my fifty-five stretch
marks (yes, I've counted them).  My first, and lingering, pregnancy symptom has been the most uncomfortable, insatiable thirst.

If I'm not drinking water, I'm thinking about water. I can't make the seven minute drive to my parents house without a bottle of water.  I drink at least two of those giant, 30 ounce hospital mugs just at night.

I'm not pregnant at the moment, I don't think, so why can't I get enough water?!

The answer:  breastfeeding.  Thirst is a sign of good let down.  Who knew, right?  You can read more about that here.  I feel like Pavlov's dog.

So...to all my pregnant gals, you can look forward to that!  Heehee!

Hey Mom, MOM!  I'm thirsty too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment