Monday, July 30, 2012

Almost August

There is one more day until Parker's birth month... 

And just a few days until he's full term. 

Parker's Arrival Poll had to come down a little earlier than expected, but here are the results:

(Really hoping that the 5 who voted for the week of July 30 are right!  Maybe with the full moon??)

To say I'm surprised that we made it this far would be a drastic understatement.  There were times that I didn't feel comfortable planning dinner, because I wasn't sure if the contractions would stop...  There were times that I worried our little guy would have to stay in the NICU...   And suddenly the focus has shifted from "keeping her pregnant" to "getting that baby out" (both phrases used by my doctor).

I admit that I'm scared, but I'm also ready.  I can practically feel my adrenaline boiling, just waiting for labor to begin.  I'm ready for Parker to be in my arms and not in my belly.  I'm ready to be home with my kids.  I'm ready to lay on my stomach and wear regular clothes.  I'm ready for a BIG glass of vino.  


And, in my defense, while it may seem strange to be this impatient at "only" 36 weeks and 3 days, I was told at 30 weeks gestation that he could be born in as little as two weeks...  So I mentally prepared myself for a much shorter pregnancy and a preemie. Combine that with all the preterm contractions, and you've got yourself one very frustrated pregnant lady.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm ready to bring you that Vino while I snuggle your newborn baby Parker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, puh-lease! Cheap sangria and LOTS of it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete