Sunday, August 5, 2012

37 Weeks

How far along?  37w2d.  Officially full term!  Time to vacate, Park!!



How big is baby?  Winter melon.  All major development is done and he's practicing some fundamental skills such as sucking, gripping and blinking.



Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 142.0 pounds at my NST appointment on Friday; which is a 2.4 pound gain from last week, and an overall gain of 32.4 pounds.  No new stretch marks, and the belly button is out.  Still wearing regular pants and shorts with the belly band, maternity tops, dresses, and skirts.  (I almost never wear a shirt when I'm home - very ladylike, I know.)  Finally experiencing some swelling in my hands and feet, and my rings are getting a little snug.  I had an internal exam on Tuesday, and I was 1-2 centimeters dilated, 50% effaced, and Parker was at station -2. 

How I'm feeling?  I've been sleeping better, but still not great.  Overall, I'd say that I'm feeling better (physically) than I have in weeks; I've been able to play with Lucy, get down on the floor and chase after her.  But I've also become extremely impatient with Parker's due date.  My contractions are becoming increasingly uncomfortable, and occasionally come at consistent intervals for hours; I feel tons of pressure whenever I stand.  I really wish one of these times it would be the real deal...  Oh, and I craved this banana pudding parfait.  So yum! 

What's been on my mind?  Labor.  It's literally all I think about.

What I'm looking forward to?  Meeting my baby!  Kissing those big squishy cheeks, breastfeeding, bed-sharing, and being home with my kiddos. 

Best moment this week?  Friday.  I spent the day with Lulu and had a date night with Casey.  We saw the new Batman movie.  I'm sure it'll be the last date night for awhile!

4 comments:

  1. You are going to have to remind me, what is the plan now that you are full term?
    Glad you two got away for a date night, those are always nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No solid plans yet. My doctor mentioned an induction at 39 weeks, which means Parker has until next Friday to come out on his own! I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get an update then. :-)

      Delete
  2. You look great. I'm impressed that regular pants still are comfy!

    ReplyDelete