I had my prenatal appointment yesterday morning, and I was sad to hear that there had been no change to my cervix over the last week (still 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and Park was stationed at -2). Dr. O stripped my membranes - which was uncomfy, but not horrible - and then she asked me, "So what's the plan?"
I was sort of stunned...for two reasons...
First and foremost, I was not expecting so much blood from being stripped. (Sorry, maybe TMI.) And second, she was giving ME the power to decide.
I reminded her that she had mentioned an induction at 39 weeks, which is this Friday, and said I'd rather get him out sooner than later. She seemed happy with my decision and had her MA call the hospital while I had my NST. Unfortunately, Friday already had a long list of inductees, so Monday was the next best option. (Still not sure why Saturday and Sunday were not offered.) I was a little peeved at first, because I had been relying on August 17 as the cut off date; but I feel very strongly that everything happens for a reason, and maybe these few extra days will give Parker a chance to come on his own.
It feels so good to have this scheduled, knowing that, one way or another, my tiny, squishy boy is going to be here in FIVE DAYS or less. The end is in sight. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm anxious as hell.
I've been doing everything I can to induce labor naturally... Evening Primrose Oil, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, acupressure, breast pumping, walking, bouncing, squats and lunges, pelvic floor release, other "physical" activities, eating pineapple...you name it, I've tried it. Am hoping and praying that having my membranes stripped will pay off.
Who wants to take bets on whether Park comes before Monday??