Sunday, August 19, 2012

39 Weeks

How far along?  39w2d - last pregnancy update!! 



How big is baby?  Watermelon!  6.2-9.2 pounds and 18.9-20.9 inches; all major development is done.

Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 142 pounds on Tuesday morning (and haven't weighed since); I'm probably at 143-144 pounds, which is an overall gain of 34-35 pounds.  I am hella swollen.  So gross - I hate this part of pregnancy!  I've been wearing maternity dresses and non-maternity yoga pants and shorts this week...everything is uncomfy.  I am verrrry excited for regular clothes!     

How I'm feeling?  Happy, anxious, excited.  I'm uncomfortable, but I have felt so much happier since Tuesday, when they scheduled my induction.  My legs have been killing me since Wednesday afternoon; I walked up (and then back down) 17 flights of stairs on my lunch break in an effort to encourage labor.  Contractions are every 15 minutes, sometimes closer in the evenings, but they never progress.  No cravings, but I should point out that I've had (at least) two Icees each week and pancakes once a week for the last month.   

What's been on my mind?  Trying to induce labor.

What I'm looking forward to?  Labor. 

Best moment this week?  Friday.  My last day of work, and Lucy's last day of daycare, was Thursday, so we had the day together.  I loved the one on one time.  It was the perfect way to start the weekend and maternity leave.  We've spent the weekend relaxing, swimming, and eating.  For as much as I would have liked to have gone into labor spontaneously, it's been nice to plan ahead and enjoy our time together as a family of three.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes smoothly with your induction. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything goes smoothly. Sending lots of prayers your way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, here you are, on the home stretch just about to get that last burst of energy to cross the finish line. I hope that tomorrow this time, you're holding your son, counting fingers and toes and kissing that squishy face, memorizing every detail in your heart. Just remember this, when you're memorizing all those little details, when you're surrounded by the purest form of love that there is, in those first moments of Park's life, NOTHING else will matter. Not the how's of his birth, nor the what might have beens.... ALL that will matter is that he's there, and that his big sister is waiting to kiss and hug him!

    All the best for your delivery; I'll be thinking of you! Can't wait for the beautiful photos. Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete