Friday, July 13, 2012

34 Weeks

***WARNING:  This post was written by a very cranky, very pregnant lady***

How far along?  34w0d and I WANT THIS BABY OUT!!!  I didn't reach this level of discomfort until 35 weeks with Lucy



And, just for fun, a side-by-side comparison:


18 weeks vs. 34 weeks

How big is baby?  Butternut squash!  At this point, the average baby weighs between 4.2 and 5.8 pounds and measures 17.2-18.7 inches.

Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 134.8 pounds at my NST visit on Thursday; which is a 0.8 pound gain from last week, and an overall gain of 25.2 pounds.  No new stretch marks and my belly button is out; it's funny to see my outie through my clothing.  Still wearing regular pants and shorts with the belly band, maternity tops, dresses and skirts.  Some of my tops are getting a little short...

How I'm feeling?  I'm just a big, uncomfortable heap of pregnancy at this point and have very little motivation to do anything other than lay down.  Letting myself eat whatever I want, whenever I want...my appetite is almost non-existent, but I do enjoy a cherry icee every Monday and Thursday after NST.  Contractions seem to have picked up, having 4-5 contractions per hour; they are extremely distracting.  Sciatica and heart burn are raging.  Also had the pleasure of taking two antibiotics this week for one (misdiagnosed) infection.  Fuuuun times! 

What's been on my mind?  Babywise and Hypnobabies.  Very excited to put both to use.

What I'm looking forward to?  Labor.  Bring it, Park!

Best moment this week?  Getting my thank you cards mailed.  (For my last shower, I was actually writing thank you cards while in the hospital waiting for Lucy to be born...)

No comments:

Post a Comment