Monday, February 21, 2011

35/35

35 weeks down; 35 days to go.  Eek!  (I don't care that this post is a day late, I've been waiting forevaaa to use this post title)


Baby is now the size of a:  honeydew (still).  She's now over 18 inches long and weighs between 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 pounds.  Her nervous system and immune system continue to mature with every passing hour, but all other bodily systems and physical features are fully formed.  Growth has slowed drastically; it definitely feels like she's running out of room.


How I'm feeling:  TIRED and big.  I've had incessant swollen feet, leg cramps, heart burn, and LOADS of back pain - all the typical pregnant lady stuff - for the past few weeks.  I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore.  Don't get me wrong, its been fun...but I'm ready to meet my baby and lose this weight!

Physical differences from last week:  well I've had the ever-changing bump since Wednesday afternoon, thanks to a heaven sent chiropractor (more on that in a separate post):



What's been on my mind:  packing for the hospital, calling the pediatrician, cook and freeze meals.  All the little things that we have left to do, and the one daunting task, before babe's arrival.

What I'm looking forward to:  the baby shower (next Sunday), our last birthing class (Wednesday), our hospital tour (next Saturday), annnnnnd MATERNITY LEAVE!!! 

Random thoughts:  I'm heading to the spa with my mama bear in a bit for a maternity massage!   Woooooo, thanks mama!  I cannot wait to lay on that table with the belly cut out!!!  (I'm a stomach sleeper, so the past eight some months have been mildly torturous)

No comments:

Post a Comment