Monday, February 7, 2011

33 weeks

Before I start with the weekly stats, I have to tell you!  I had my first pregnancy dream, and it only took 8 months, but I finally had one!!!  LOL.  In my dream I went into labor, and Casey and Fallon brought me to a swimming pool to deliver.  No one called my doctor, instead we had one random, frazzled nurse deliver the baby.  The labor was pretty short, it only felt like a few hours, and it was painful, but not as painful as I expected it to be.  In the end we had a little baby boy, I dropped 30 pounds immediately after delivery, and my stomach was flat and perfect.  I would not mind that kind of L & D experience one bit!  Haha



Baby is now the size of a: honeydew!  She weighs about 4.5 pounds, and now gains weight at a rate of 8 ounces per week.  And we are now past the 17 inch mark in height; I read we can expect up to an inch in growth this week alone!  Her skeleton is hardening, her brain is developing, and her little body is soaking up the antibodies present in my body.  She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing, and she keeps her eyes open while she's awake.  I can't wait to see those little peepers.  We can expect her to descend into my pelvis anytime in the next 6 weeks. 


How I'm feeling:  like a big, fat pregnant lady.  I waddle; my feet swell and ache; and I drool over strawberries.  On Saturday we ran A LOT of errands, as a result my right ankle swelled to the point that I had a golf ball sized lump on the inside of my foot; it actually hurt to walk.  Other than the ankle thing, all the usual symptoms are still present: heartburn, fatigue, back pain...nothing I can't handle.  Overall I still love being pregnant.  :-)

Physical differences from last week:  I have to step on a scale in t minus 3 days.  Booooooo!  I really do not want to know what my weight gain is anymore.  Here's my weekly pic, lookin huge:




What's been on my mind:  our birth plan.  I've spent all of my lunch hours for the past few weeks researching and constructing the ideal birth plan.  Now, I don't expect everything to go according to plan, but I want to go in there with certain goals and I hope to meet most of them.  I would *like* a med-free, intervention-free birth; but I am not going to freak out or feel like a failure if I decide I need an epidural or some form of medication/intervention.  My #1 priority is to avoid a c-section delivery; I will exhaust ANY and EVERY method available before committing to a c-section.  I don't want the scar, I don't want the painful recovery, I don't want any of the negative associated with c-section deliveries.  I just pray that my little babe cooperates, and is currently in the head down position or planning on shifting to this position by D-Day!

What I'm looking forward to:  our birthing classes.  They start this Wednesday.  We signed up for a three-part class; its three, three-hour classes, over the course of three weeks.  The time slot is not ideal, but our hospital (surprisingly) did not offer a wide variety of classes.  And of course I can't wait for the baby shower!  Even though my large butt is having a hard time finding a cute outfit for the shower, I'm still very excited to see all of my friends and family and celebrate our babe! 

Random thoughts:  we built the headboard for the twin bed in the nursery this past weekend.  And we bought a cute comforter that coordinates with the coloring in the bedding and other decor.  I can't wait for the rest of this room to come together!!!  Here's a pic of the twin bed set-up (I expect to spend many nights in this bed the first few weeks that she's home with us):
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment