Thursday, February 24, 2011

What's in a name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."


No we're not naming our daughter Juliet....that would just be silly.

I thought it was about time we announced Baby Shelton's real name, considering her expected arrival is a mere month or so away.  


As you all know, we never got our clear cut money shot, and that is why we never "painted the nursery".  We're leaning towards girl, but in the event that we're wrong, we've got a back up plan.


I have loved this name since I was a little girl.  Before I met Casey or fell in love with red hair, I used to say that I would name my first daughter this...  I had told Casey about the name long before we were pregnant or married even, and he just sort of shrugged along and didn't pay much attention - shocking!  Well after the first ultrasound, we started skimming baby name websites...  Very few names caught our eye; let the record show that girl names are exceptionally more challenging to chose than boy names.  I found myself comparing every name we considered to the original name that I loved.  That was when we realized that that was it:


Lucille Ann Shelton
  

 And of course, as previously mentioned, if she is actually a he...we have a back up plan.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment