Monday, February 28, 2011

36 weeks

Late again!  Sorry folks!!!

Baby is now the size of a: crenshaw melon...  Anyone know what that is?  Baby Lucy weighs approximately six pounds, gaining about an ounce a day, and she measures anywhere from 18 to 20 inches long.  Her skin is nice and smooth; her liver, kidneys, circulation and immune systems are basically "good to go".  We're just waiting on those lungs to fully mature.  She's shedding (and ultimately consuming) the waxy covering that has protected her skin for the past NINE months; this will form the contents of her first #2.  Absolutely thrilling, I know. 


How I'm feeling:  gargantuan.  I slept terribly this past weekend; which is ideal because I'm already exhausted as it is...  Basically, I'm ready to have this baby.  During the week I had a pretty big, disgusting (and hugely exciting) development that indicates my body is preparing for L & D.  I won't go in to specifics, because it truly is gag-worthy.    

Physical differences from last week:  still tippin the scales at 30 large. 




What's been on my mind:  to-do lists.  We've decided on a pediatrician; my three BIG remaining to-do's are pack for the hospital, buy all the little things we still need, and prep/cook all the meals for the freezer.

What I'm looking forward to:  my prenatal appointment on Friday.  I am really, REALLY hoping to hear that Lucy is head down, or at least transverse (horizontal)!  We've spent the past two weeks, and a small chunk of change, trying to turn this baby.  I'm having my first internal exam (how very third trimester of me), and I'm PRAYING to hear there's been some dilation or effacement.  If anyone has a few spare prayers they'd like to direct towards Lucy's being head down/dilation progress, that would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

Random thoughts:  I had the most beautiful baby shower on Sunday, and I just feel so lucky and thankful to have such an amazing family and friends.  Baby Lucy is very loved (and spoiled) already!  I've got an entire post dedicated to the shower (with tons of pictures) in the works already!

No comments:

Post a Comment