Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Filth

Let's talk about how disgusting my house is.  That sounds fun, right?


Jenn was on the phone with me while I took these pictures.  She can attest to how pissed I was.

Sure, I could post pictures of our house when it's absolutely spotless.  I could pretend that I'm Super Mom, with a clean house and folded laundry.  But that would be a gross misrepresentation of how we live.  Our house has looked like a landfill pretty much since Lucy was born.  Every weekend I run around the house, trying to put it in order, and the finished product lasts all of ten seconds.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep a clean house.  Between the dishes, the mail, the laundry, and all the other random crap that finds it's way onto my kitchen counters (and kitchen table, entertainment center, nightstands, the floor and every other flat surface), I just can't keep up.

I'll start laundry on Saturday afternoon and I won't finish it until Thursday evening.  It's not like we have an absurd amount of laundry either, I just have zero motivation to get it finished.  Then there's the diapers...they might as well live on the drying rack, because we never stock the changing table; we literally walk to the garage before every diaper change to grab a diaper.  Seriously.

/dies 


Anyone out there fallen into a similar pattern or am I just completely incapable?

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, do I ever understand!

    That would be why we justified getting a house cleaner after I got my raise.

    And our house is still a mess between cleanings.

    It drives me up the freaking wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you absolutely get this pass post kids--a clean house is a sign of a sick mind...my mind is very very healthy...very ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, oh no, you are not alone in this one. Especially the laundry--it never ends!

    ReplyDelete