Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Level 3 Nipples

I have never claimed to know what I'm doing as a parent, and God knows I never will. 
(And I'm sure there's a whole group of my girlfriends laughing as they read this post.)

Over the weekend Lulu and I got together with a bunch of our momma and baby friends.  We had a great time, just look at this picture:

Waited a little too long to grab the camera! 
In between catching up and stuffing my face with delish appetizers, I decided Lu would probably like a bottle.  Recently the Medela nipples have started collapsing mid-feed.  Which, obviously, I thought was kind of weird, but I just figured my kid was (in Stacy's words) a "super sucker" and that this kind of thing must happen to everyone.  Well the other mommas saw what was happening, and pointed out the existence of higher level nipples...  I just stared at them blankly, and said, Wait, so, that's not supposed to happen???

Here is a helpful article for those who might be in a similar predicament!   

5 comments:

  1. I would have had the same reaction...but I think that's the breastfeeding mentality. I was told to never change the nipple stage unless I stopped breastfeeding. Of course Aria's nipple collapses now, but we're not changing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing Baby SheltonFebruary 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

    Exactly! It's only been the last two months that I've been the one to give Lu the bottle. And she has never seemed frustrated or dissatisfied, but the new nipple has certainly increased her feed time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing Baby SheltonFebruary 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM

      *reduced her feed time. ha

      Delete
  3. I would have to same issue if I bottle fed, but that is what happens when you only breastfeed for so long. Glad some other mommas helped you out though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I had the same reaction when a friend of mine told me it was time to switch nipples :). Crazy huh??

    ReplyDelete