Sunday, February 26, 2012

14 Weeks - Second Trimester

How far along?  14w1d

How big is baby?  Lemon!  I love lemons!!!  He is 3.4 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces; kidneys, liver, and spleen are functioning properly, and he is growing lanugo hair all over his tiny body to keep warm. 

Physical differences from last week?  Weighed 112.6 pounds this morning; which is a TWO pound gain from last week, and an overall gain of 3 pounds....  Eff you, Skittles!  Officially in the (noticeably) awkward chubby stage.  I had to unbutton my pants for the first time on Wednesday night, and I've been wearing the belly band ever since.  No new stretch marks, but my old ones are becoming more noticeable.  Belly button is still in, but very shallow.  Maybe I'll have an outie this time! 




How I'm feeling?  Lots of round ligament pain, lower back pain and energy.  Nesting has officially kicked in, and by that I mean I stayed up until 11pm one night ironing and hemming curtains.  My appetite is suddenly out of control.  I'm now eating TWO snacks between breakfast and lunch - trying to keep it healthy.  Starting to get pretty uncomfortable after sitting for long periods of time, usually when I'm at work, so I'm trying to do a few stretches throughout the day.  Thank you prenatal yoga!

What's been on my mind?  Nursery decor.  I see a massive project every time I walk in there...painting, decorating, shopping, etc.  Pinterest is my best friend, for serious.  I've decided that I want to buy a matching crib, and convert Lucy's into a toddler bed.  Also came to the sad realization that I may have to get rid of my beloved changing table to make room for a dresser.

What I'm looking forward to?  9 days until the anatomy scan!!!  Dying to know if Babe is still a boy!   

Best moment this week?  Felt Babe kick on Friday night!  I'm fairly certain I've felt movement on two other occasions, but I'm absolutely positive about this last time.  Can't wait for those little kicks to get stronger!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you felt him kick.... that was always my favourite moment! Somehow, once I felt the kick, I felt the communication was going both ways. You look wonderful; Skittles suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, Cindy! I still think I need to be more disciplined with cravings in the future!!! And I couldn't agree more with you on the baby kicks. I've always thought of them as a little "hello" throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete