Friday, December 28, 2012

4 Months

Car Car!  You are 4 months young!  How did that happen?  When did that happen??!  (Um, like, a week ago...whoops.)




You have grown so much this month. You're more and more fun with each day.  Everyone, especially me, always comments on how sweet and laid back you are.  (Your sister would scream if anyone but me or Daddy held her.)  I'm really trying to soak in our "Mommy and Car Car" moments...snuggling in the mornings, holding your hand as you fall asleep nursing, those big smiles you give me every time I pick you up from a nap....because I know you will never be this small again.  Your sister grew up too fast; I am determined to savor your babyhood.

At 4 months you are:

The best baby.  You almost never fuss.

Drooling like a beast.

Baltic Amber fail.  FAIL.  FAIL.  FAIL.
"Talking".  (Just watch the first 5 seconds of this video-- he stopped talking as soon as I got the camera.)


Blowing raspberries.  It's messy hilarious.

Laughing at everything.

A huge fan of the jumperoo and standing on your big boy legs.


THIS close to rolling over.

Reaching for and holding toys.



A chubber, but that's to be expected in this family.  You're 3-6 month clothing is getting to be too short and snug; we'll unpack your 6-9 stuff soon-ish.  Also, you're wearing size 3 diapers.

19 lbs, 7 ounces and 26.5 inches, 90th percentile for both.  

All head.  (Like Uncle Cole.)  Hats do.not.fit you.  Holy crap.

Exclusively breastfed.  You haven't shown any interest in eating.  We plan to introduce solids at 6 months, just like we did with Sissy.

Lucy's favorite.


Following a pretty regular routine.  Wake around 7:30 or 8 am, waketimes are consistently 1 hour and 15 minutes, naps are consistently 1 hour long, and you go down for the night around 7:30.  You sleep from 7:30-12:30 (give or take 30 minutes), and wake every 3 hours after that.  You self-soothe 95% of the time, babbling and wiggling until you fall asleep-- it is very rare that you ever actually CIO.

Still sleeping in the pack-n-play in our bedroom (for the first 5 hour stretch); we bed-share for the remainder of the night because I am lazy.  I'd really like to move you to the nursery, but I'm afraid of how it will impact Lucy's sleep.  I'm also a little reluctant to walk across the house every time I have to feed you in the middle of the night.  Alas, we'll probably give it a try in the next few weeks.

Relatively underwhelmed with the holidays this year.  Next year will be better, I promise.

  
Impossible when it comes to clipping your fingernails.  They are wicked long, and you claw my face every morning.

Still a fan of bathtime.

Healthy!  Although, your poop schedule is still a work in progress; sometimes you go everyday, other times you go once a week-- which led to that one really epic shit.

---

We love you, buddy!  We are so incredibly blessed to have such a beautiful, content boy and we thank God for you every single day.

Favorite outfit to date!  I am a total sucker when it comes to flannel.
 






"Oh hey, Lu.  What's good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment