Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Going back to work sucks.

I had my first cry at 5:00 this morning.

And then I cried off and on until 6:30, when I pulled into my parent's driveway.

Every time I looked at her, or thought about leaving her, the tears started flowing.  I think it hurt most to know that she would cry, and I wouldn't be able to comfort her.  I was also extremely worried about the bottle situation; prior to this afternoon, we hadn't successfully introduced the bottle to Lucy Lu (don't you worry, there is a post coming on that).

I left Lucy at 7:05, and I didn't return home to my sweet pea until 5:25 - easily the longest day of my life.

Everyone was incredibly sweet and welcoming at work, and I had TONS of work to keep me busy, BUT the day moved at a snail's pace.  I'm dreading the rest of the week.  At least the first day is behind us...

I was able to pump three times throughout the day.  I'm hoping to get on a better schedule over time, because it was a little overwhelming and awkward today.  I noticed that my supply took a bit of a hit after my first pumping session; I didn't eat breakfast until about 9:00 (and I woke up at 3:45) and I didn't drink nearly enough water.  Combine both of those factors with loads of stress, and you've got yourself a less than ideal pumping session.  Don't fret, dear readers!  I guzzled some water, and things improved almost immediately.

Believe me when I say that I am TRYING to find a way to stay home with Goose:  Casey and I are taking steps to sell my car; I'm researching part-time jobs in town; and, I've drafted a new, single income budget.  Hopefully one day very soon, this dream will become a reality; and, if not, my company has implemented a Flex Time program, that may enable me to work earlier hours and/or work from home.
Reunited at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment