Sunday, January 9, 2011

29 weeks

Baby is now the size of a: squash!  She weighs 2.5 pounds, and measures between 15-17 inches long.  Muscles and lungs continue to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her big ol' brain.  Her skeleton continues to harden each day; during this trimester about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into her body each day.  Nutritional demands are also increasingly rapidly.  My babe's energy levels are surging, and she's growing pretty quickly (her weight will at least triple by birth).


How I'm feeling:  at the moment my whole body hurts.  This is (for the most part) unrelated to my little baby.  We tiled the master bathroom shower yesterday....  Casey cut the tiles, and I laid the tiles.  My job required a lot of bending, kneeling, etc (not so fun when your 7+ months pregnant).  It was well worth it though; at least that room is (pretty much) done.  In other pregnant lady news, I'm also seeing the return of heartburn.  There was a whooping two weeks without that nasty side effect, and then it returned this week.  Other than that, I'm feeling lots of pressure at the bottom of my bump, lots of baby kicks and jabs, and occasionally some Braxton Hicks contractions.

Physical differences from last week:  not much to report, I don't think I've had a major growth spurt in awhile... Here is my weekly pic:



What's been on my mind:  Painting the nursery.  We bought the paint yesterday afternoon, and I fully intend to have that bad boy painted by the end of next weekend.  Hopefully I'll be really ambitious one night after work this week and get it done, so I'll have the weekend to do other things...like decorate!  ;-)

What I'm looking forward to:  knocking out the Baby To Do list (which is now down to 26 items, thank you very much), knocking out the House To Do list, my baby shower (despite any annoyances there may have been leading up to it).

Random thoughts: we finally registered!!!!!!!!!  We are officially registered at Babies R' Us.  Oh my goodness registering was stressful.  We spent over two hours in the store starting the registry, and I spent another eight hours online finishing the registry.  I had to read through every review available, coordinate colors, blah blah blah.  Its pretty much done now, and it feels good to check that off our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment