Sunday, November 28, 2010

23 Weeks

Baby is now the size of a:  large mango!  She is over 11 inches long and weighs over 1 pound.  Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the daily sounds she hears are preparing her for entry into the outside world.  Thats why dog's barking, vacuuming, and other common loud sounds don't startle babies; I find that kind of interesting... 

How I'm feeling:  Pretty good.  I'm still ravenous, my back still aches, and my belly itches all the time; but all in all I'm used to these sensations and they don't phase me anymore.  My feet are starting to swell towards the end of the day, and as a result my shoes are usually off when I'm at my desk.   

Physical differences from last week:  I don't feel any bigger this week; I keep waiting for my second tri growth spurt.  I'm starting to toss and turn more during the night, and I get short of breath more often than before, so there must be something going on in there.  Here is your weekly pic: 



What's been on my mind:  Same old, same old.  I'll spare you all the redundancy of me listing everything on my to-do list. 

What I'm looking forward to:  Viability Day!  V-Day is next Sunday, and I cannot wait!  V-Day (or 24 weeks) means that the baby is viable to survive outside the womb, should I go into labor exceptionally early.  Its kind of a big deal for pregnant ladies ;)  Not that I want to go into labor yet, NO NO NO!  Our little one needs to do some more growing, and Casey and I are far from prepared.

Random thoughts:  I hope everyone had a nice Turkey Day!  Ze bebe and I thoroughly enjoyed all the food and time with family!  Now its time for the Christmas baking frenzy to begin!  Oh, and, Casey felt the baby kick!  Eeeee!  We were relaxing on the couch, and the baby was kicking away, so I yanked his hand and he felt two little thuds. 

Tomorrow is attempt #3 at gender determination.  So if anyone has any spare thoughts or prayers you'd like to send our way, it'd be much appreciated!  We're hoping for our money shot, but not expecting one.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow Taylor, I hope he/she lets you get the money shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tay I can not wait to see you and rub that belly!

    ReplyDelete