Sunday, November 7, 2010

20 weeks - Half baked!

Halfway there friends, wahoooooooooo!  We even have a timely post to celebrate.  :-)

Baby is now the size of a:  cantaloupe!  Almost seven inches long and ten and a half ounces, my big girl!  Apparently she swallows several ounces of amniotic fluid a day (lots of good practice for that little digestive system); taste buds are up and running; permanent teeth are forming behind baby teeth; and she can differentiate between morning, noon, and night.


How I'm feeling:  overwhelmed (haha).  Okay, fine...I'm feeling large; lots of shortness of breath; lots of bathroom breaks; I have a very hard time getting out of bed and bending down; and HUNGRY (yes, even now at 9:22...).  Really, its not bad though; I hope I haven't been too whiny about this pregnancy or the symptoms I've endured.  I hope that I haven't freaked anyone out; ya know, in a way that makes them nervous for their future pregnancy.  Let the record show that I really love being pregnant.  It is an amazing feeling to have a little person growing inside of you; I especially love feeling our baby's kicks and flutters.  It really just feels special, and like a privilege.   

Physical differences from last week:  welp, my uterus is now level with my belly button; it feels pretty weird.  From now on, the top of my uterus will grow toward my rib cage at a rate of one centimeter a week - oh my!  My veins are noticeably (and freakishly) big and blue.  Oh!  And my boobs are disgustingly huge (in my opinion); I am actually embarrassed to look in the mirror anymore.



What's been on my mind:  school, home improvements, IKEA purchases, birthing classes, touring the hospital's labor and delivery ward, and registering.  Really people, that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Each of those things leads into their own wild and never-ending to-do list and/or reminds me of something else that needs to be done.  Today, my day consisted of lots of accounting homework and lots of home improvement talk.  After almost a year in this house - a year full of DIY home improvement projects - we're talking about renovations we never imagined for this house, AND even redo-ing some of the things we've already finished.  Well, friends, as of today we have about four months until our sweet baby's debut.  NOT A LOT OF TIME PEOPLE.  The excitement of meeting our little one is quickly trampled by that three page to-do list that is burned in my brain.   

What I'm looking forward to:  our next ultrasound, duh!  We're thinking about canceling our current appointment and going to one of those ultrasound schools (we're all about cheap people).  The ultrasounds are free, because they are done by unlicensed students.  No need to worry though, there is a licensed teacher supervising and confirming all observations made by the student.  I'm also looking forward to all of the nursery purchases and home improvements coming to an end (ha!  Like that'll ever happen...)!

Random thoughts:  Nada.  Its way past my bedtime, good night my devoted followers!  

1 comment:

  1. OMG Tay I can not wait to see you and that bump of yours... You are looking great and if you need help with anything just let me know =)

    ReplyDelete