Sunday, November 14, 2010

21 weeks!

Good morning, good morning!  To you, and YOU!  I am in a great mood for some unknown reason.  As I'm typing out this blog post, I'm digging into second breakfast and listening to Bobby Flay teach me how to grill a 25 pound turkey (idiot!).


Baby is now the size of a:  banana!  The baby weighs 10 1/2 ounces, and her length from head to rump is seven inches.  Fun fact:  10 1/2 ounces is also the size bear cubs are when they are born.  The baby has started to put on weight, her main project for the rest of the pregnancy.  She regularly drinks amniotic fluid for hydration and nutrition, urinates in the fluid and breathes in and out; have no fear...the fluid pool refreshes itself every three hours.  Eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed; her eyelids are still sealed, but her eyes are active.  Taste buds are formed and they actually work!  Apparently there are studies that show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.  Clearly our baby will be a fan of flaming hot cheetos, rice cakes, and juice.  Yes, I am one of the 19% of pregnant women that crave citrus juices.  Kind of a weird craving (whatever!).


How I'm feeling:  Pretty good; I'd like to say my energy has returned!  My back still hurts, but I've accepted that won't be going away anytime soon.  It feels like there is a massive bubble in my lower back that needs to pop; I'd love to do a back bend for like a half hour straight.  There are lots of gross things happening while pregnant; just because I don't go into every dirty detail on the blog, doesn't mean they're not happening.  I recently said to Casey, "I think I gross myself out more and more everyday."  Um, lets see...what else...lots of baby kicks!  They still catch me off guard.  I can never tell if I'm feeling the kicks internally or externally; I'll call Casey over and put his hands on my belly, but he can't feel them.  Boo!

Physical differences from last week:  Well my uterus is now 8 1/2 inches long, and the weight gain range for this week is 10-15 pounds.  I'm more than confident that I fall within that range  :-/  Apparently many women start to get swollen feet around this time, I am happy to report no swelling has occurred to date.  Here's my pic:



What's been on my mind:  Our ultrasound tomorrow!!!  Everyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray that this little baby cooperates and gives us the money shot we need to determine the gender!  Can you imagine being forced to be Team Green?  That would suck.  Our appointment is at 6:30 tomorrow, and we are going to an ultrasound school.  My mama bear will be attending this visit; it'll be nice to prove to her that I'm really knocked up and not just a fatty pretending to be (not that she had any doubt, I am just weirdly self-conscious).  I shall report back tomorrow evening with the results of the ultrasound AND the official winners for the Baby Shelton Gender Bet!  You thought I forgot about the bet, huh?  No sir!

What I'm looking forward to:  See above.  Also, our home improvements.  With the return of my energy, we've set out lots of plans for the house, and we actually made some progress yesterday.  The garage is completely 100% organized; its a piece of art really.

Random thoughts:  Its officially time for me to start doing Kegel exercises.  Oh joy!  And...Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and OMG what a perfect holiday to be pregnant!  I am going to eat until our two hearts are content...and then I'm going to eat some more.  Yay for my mommy's amazing food!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment