Monday, January 7, 2013

What did she just say??!

So, we were in Target last night.

(I needed some storage tubs for all the new toys the kids got for Christmas.  What the hell was I thinking buying all of that crap??)

While perusing the aisles, I overheard Lucy say a four-letter word.  A very, very bad four-letter word.  I looked to Casey, and, together in unison, we said, "What did she just say??!"

I.was.shocked.  "Did she just say what I think she said?  No, she couldn't have, it sounded more like ---"

And then Lucy yelled f*$#, f^*!, f%&*.

Casey just laughed and said, "Yup, she did."

I tried to explain to Lucy that it was a bad word and that we don't say that word, but she just smiled and asked for more Icee.  She's continued to say the word over and over and over again for the past 24 hours in various tones.  We're ignoring and using all of our willpower not to laugh when she says it and hoping that will nip this habit in the bud.   

I'd like to think that she's just experimenting with the various -uck words, but I know, more than likely, she overheard it somewhere.  And I highly doubt it was from me; I may have an awful mouth, but I watch my language around Lucy.  I'm the one that calls everyone else out when they slip (since no one really contributes to the Swear Jar)! 


Uggggggggh.  God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment