Wednesday, January 30, 2013

5 Months

(Sorry this is so late, Buddy!)

You're finally starting to look big to me.  You've always seemed so small - even though you're in the 90 percentile for height and weight - because I'm used to toddler-size everything.  This last month had it's challenges (because naps are pretty much not happening); BUT, when I'm reaching my breaking point, you'll give me a big, gummy smile and I can't help but laugh.  I love you, Car Car.  I have grown so much as a mother because of you.


At 5 months you are:

Happy!  You get the biggest grin whenever someone smiles or says hello to you.  Always cracks me up.

Rolling over.

(Sorry about the girly burpie.)

Sitting up unassisted for a few minutes at a time



Yelling!  Your personality is really starting to develop and we're having so much fun with you.

Still talking, laughing, blowing raspberries, and drooling all the time.



Your legs are so strong.  (Stronger than Lucy's were at this age!)  You LOVE your jumper.  When you're being held, you'll stand and bounce up and down in our arms.

Playing with rattles and other teethers.

Captivated by Sissy.  You crane your neck to watch her, you laugh hysterically when she tickles you, and you jump even harder when she dances next to you in the jumperoo.  She recently started playing peek-a-boo with you; I love watching you two interact.  I know you will be close when you're older.



Napping for 45 minutes at a time, and awake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes at a time.  It's brutal.

Sleeping wonderfully at night, though!  Which is why I try not to complain about your daytime sleep...  You wake 1-2 times at night, usually at midnight and 4 am.

100% self-soothing.

Being crammed into 3-6 clothes.  (Literally unpacked your 6-9 month stuff today.) 

Exclusively breastfed - usually eat every 3 hours.  You show no interest in our food.  Will start solids next month.  What do you want to eat first?

Still pulling my hair, especially while you eat, and it is no longer cute.  Please stop.

... pounds and ... inches  (Anyone taking bets on whether I'll remember to update?)

Temperamental when it comes to nose picking.  The Booger Ninja (me) is not pleased...

Healthy!
 
 
 

This is what you and I do while Daddy and Lulu play on the playground.

That butt!
 
CHUNK.
 

3 comments:

  1. Gah! I adore him! I just want to SQUEEZE his cheeks! I love how intently Lucy is eating her food and Parker is like- I'm cool, I'll eat my teether and this stuffed fish. <3 them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a chunkamunk!!! I love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a chunkamunk!!! I love him!!

    ReplyDelete