Monday, October 8, 2012

Top 5 Ways I've Changed as a Second Time Mom


Some people are proud of me for making these changes; they think this means I've become "laid back".  (I personally think it means I'm a little burnt out.)

1.  I don't care if you see my boobs.  Breastfeeding discretely is a huge pain in the ass.  I hate ALL breastfeeding covers.  (They may claim to be "hands free", but they never are.)  If you see my boobs, consider yourself lucky.  Or don't.  I don't care.

2.  Immune to crying.  It used to make me very nervous and uncomfortable; but now, to be perfectly honest, crying annoys the hell out of me.  When Lucy would start crying as a baby, I would drop everything and RUN to her.  That kind of behavior just isn't always feasible when you're taking care of two kids. (Like when you're elbow-deep in a poopy diaper.)

3.  Showering is overrated.  And for that matter, so is cleaning house. 

4.  Germs, germs, germs.  Bring 'em on!  Dude has already had his first bout of congestion and diaper rash.  Not the end of the world. 

5.  Separation Anxiety.  I don't has it.  I know the value of a little break every now and then.  It's important for me to regroup and have a chance to miss my kids.  (Not that I've had an abundance of opportunity to do so...)  I've decided to join a yoga class to ensure that little break happens at least once each week.


Did your attitude change after your second baby was born?

No comments:

Post a Comment