Monday, June 18, 2012

30 Weeks

How far along?  30w3d (had the very late realization that my weekly birthday actually falls on Friday, not Saturday)

How big is baby?  Cucumber!  15.2-16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 pounds; his skin is getting smooth, his brain is getting wrinkly, and he is strong enough to grasp a finger!

Physical differences from last week?  I weighed 128.6 on Friday; which is a 1 pound loss from last week, and an overall gain of 19 pounds.  Wearing regular pants and shorts with the belly band, maternity tops, dresses and skirts.  I don't have any new stretch marks, but my old ones are starting to become more visible; and my belly button is out.  It's not as adorable as I thought it would be.


How I'm feeling?  Kinda lousy.  I could do a whole lotta whining right now, but I'm going to do my best to refrain.  I'm having contractions as I write this post, and my stomach muscles are extremely sore after five days of contracting.  Lower back pain is raging; occasionally very hormonal; sleep sucks; still obsessed with Fritos, but less of an appetite overall.

What's been on my mind?  (Too much, as usual.)  How messy my house is.  How much I want to get done before Park is born.  How uncertain our future has become, thanks to preterm labor.  But mostly, how much I miss Lucy...

What I'm looking forward to?  Our maternity session on Sunday. 

Best moment this week?  Two awkward, but funny, comments from (male) strangers.  Comment #1:  Wow, you must be getting close, huh?  Nope, still have over two months!  Comment #2:  (With his eyes closed and using dramatic hand gestures aimed at my belly) Hmmm, mmmm, that must be a boy!  Yup, sure is! 

I ended up seeing my doctor late Thursday afternoon, instead of Friday morning, because the contractions returned.  They were 10-13 minutes apart from 10:30 am - 4:00 pm.  She did another internal (cervix was still closed!) and put me on the monitor - at which point my contractions had stopped.  She ordered bed rest for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and said to call if I started having more contractions.  If I had had more contractions, she would have performed another preterm labor test.  Depending on that result, she would have given me an injection of steroid's for Parker's lungs; but, fortunately, none of that became necessary.  I survived the weekend with consistently far apart contractions (over 10 minutes), all of which ultimately stopped on their own.  My doctor did mention that women with my specific combination of low proteins and amino acids are statistically proven to deliver preterm.  These same proteins and aminos are what affected the results of our Down Syndrome screening.  My regular prenatal visit is scheduled for June 28, and I sincerely hope to not have to see my doctor before that.  I'm still on pelvic rest, and bed rest is encouraged as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment