Sunday, December 26, 2010

27 weeks

Merry Christmas Baby Shelton!  We cannot wait for your first Christmas!!!

Baby is now the size of:  pot roast!  She is 15 inches long and weighs about two pounds; awww a little string bean baby!  If she were born today, she would have an 85 percent chance of surviving, with lots of medical help.  Oh, and, eyelids have officially opened! 


How I'm feeling:  pleasantly plump; despite comments about how "tiny" my bump may be.   I'm starting to get leg cramps in the middle of the night, which means lots of restless nights.  Apparently the volume of the amniotic fluid has reduced by about half.  This means less cushioning between me and baby, and I get to see little bony knees and elbows poking out of my stomach when she kicks and turns.  On Christmas Eve she kicked so hard that I actually gasped.  She always seems to kick the same spot on my belly, and I think one of these days a small foot is just going to come through the skin.  LOL

Physical differences from last week:  I weighed in a couple of days ago, and I'm up 18 pounds total; this is right smack in the middle of the "normal" weight gain range for this week.  Annnd we're up three pounds from last month...



What's been on my mind:  surprisingly, not a lot.  These past three days have been all about relaxing and family.  We got all the shopping and baking done on time, and we had a great time with our families.  Its very exciting to think about what next Christmas will be like with our little baby! 

What I'm looking forward to:  baby hiccups!  I should have felt them by now, but I still haven't...  And of course, getting the nursery organized.  We must be the only couple on earth that made it this far into their pregnancy without even starting the nursery.

Random thoughts:  my sweet Casey got me a glider for Christmas!  It is so comfy, and I expect lots of time will be spent in the glider once the babe is here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment