Sunday, December 19, 2010

26 weeks - Third trimester

Hellooooo Third Trimester, nice to meet ya!  I'm hoping this last trimester doesn't fly by, as the other two have, and that the return of the fatigue is a mere myth (ha!).  

Baby is now the size of an:  English Cucumber!  She is about 14 inches long and weighs about a pound and two-thirds.  As of this week our little baby's hearing system is now completely formed; sound passes easily into the uterus, and this helps her ears develop.  Eyes are almost fully formed, and in a week her fused eyelids will open for the first time.  Did you know that all babies have blue eyes in the womb?  Weird... Apparently baby's eyes don't get their final color until a few months after they are born.   


How I'm feeling: pregnant.  Getting out of my car is now a bit of a challenge; my legs are usually soar by the end of the day; feet are swelling on the daily; yadda yadda yadda.  Its really not that bad, I hope I'm not being too whiney.  Oh, the heartburn was less frequent this week (thank God!); but, unfortunately, I had two bouts of nausea that were rather sucky.

Physical differences from last week:  not much to report here...the babe looks low as usual, and the belly is a little bigger.



What's been on my mind: my thirty-seven item to-do list.  The highlights are as follows:  consider a babymoon (not gonna happen), sign up for childbirth classes, interview pediatricians, register, tour the maternity ward at the hospital, develop a birth plan (that the doctor won't follow anyway), cook and freeze meals for after delivery, and pack the hospital bag.

What I'm looking forward to:  Registering, clicking off my to-do list, CHRISTMAS!!! 

Random thoughts:  the babe is not a fan of jalapenos; I'll keep that in mind as my due date approaches.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment