Monday, May 6, 2013

I'm stealthy

It has to be said. 

I'm like a mouse.  I can (usually) sneak in and out of the kids' bedroom while they're napping to check on them, put away laundry, whatever - and NOT wake them.

Everyone else sucks.  (At being stealthy, I mean.)  Sorry, that had to be said too.  In fact, if there were an award for being the least stealthy, it would probably go to Casey.

Being stealthy is really an art.  There's a certain way to turn the door knob, a certain pace to tiptoe.  You have to be observant; you can't be tripping over toys or stubbing your toe.  You can't breathe while you're in the nursery.  You have to be ready to dive into a closet the second an eyelid opens, so that you aren't spotted.

Some people find my methods to be a little extreme.  But, since I'm the one that has to deal with the cranky baby and/or toddler for the rest of the day, I'm allowed to be.  Nothing pisses me off more than when someone interrupts my kids' naps.  Consider yourselves warned!!




1 comment:

  1. I am the same way, you have to be when you stay at home with them. Nap time is sacred and if someone doesn't understand that, they don't stay home with children.

    ReplyDelete