Tuesday, May 21, 2013

9 Months

I feel like I just wrote one of these.  Dang, son.  Double digits next month...  It's weird, because I feel like you've always been here; and yet, I feel like I blinked and suddenly you're no longer my tiny newborn.  You're becoming more independent every day.

I think all of us expected you to beat daddy in the mustache department eventually.
(Even if it's just cucumber juice for now.)

At 9 months you are:

Cruising!  You've taken two steps without holding onto anything or anyone, so you could be walking soon!!!  You want to walk everywhere (with me holding your hands) rather than crawl or be carried.


Army crawling.  (You get up on your knees, but you haven't quite figured out how to move them.)  It's saving both of our sanity now that you can reach your own toys.  



Babbling.  We hear a lot of "dadadadada".




Best friends with Lu.  You guys have so much fun together.  She brings you toys and shares her food with you.  (She also steals your toys and food if it's better than hers.)  She tickles you.  She gives you kisses and hugs in the morning, before and after naps, and at bedtime.  I can hear her playing peek-a-boo with you in the mornings over the baby monitor.  She cracks you up.    



EATING.  I think you eat more than Lucy does...  We do half purees and half Baby Led Weaning with you.  You just loooove food.  (Like your momma!) 




Toothy.  You cut your top two front teeth, and one of your top canines.  Which makes for a grand total of 5 teeth.



Hairy!  Your hair is much thicker and darker than Lucy's was at this age.  You have the funniest bedhead when you wake up from naps.



23 pounds and 29 inches.

Pretty laid back.  We hit a rough patch when you were cutting teeth, but not a lot of separation anxiety outside of that week.  I can generally set you down with some toys or next to Sister, and use the bathroom or make lunch.

Still following the same schedule: two naps a day and sleeping 6:30 pm - 6:30 am.  Your naps are between 1.5 and 2 hours long, and you sleep through the night.

Going on two months without an Eczema break out.  Woot!


There are so many milestones coming up in the next few months...eep!  I can't wait for your first steps and your first birthday.  Spoiler alert: the theme is Pirates.  Love you, sweet boy!      





No comments:

Post a Comment