Sunday, March 13, 2011

38 weeks

Baby is now the size of a:  newborn!  We can expect to see her at this current length and weight on D-Day; approximately 7 pounds (ya right, this baby is going to be an 8 pounder MINIMUM) and 21 1/2 inches long.  She is fully developed at this very moment; her organs are mature and ready for life outside my belly!  Here's a fun fact, if she is born with brown eyes, the color will not change (those would be from me, thank you very much).  If she is born with gray or blue eyes, the color can change to various shades of blue, green, or brown.  


How I'm feeling:  same old, same old...big, tired, swollen, and enjoying constant lower back pain.  I waddle A LOT; walking and just being upright in general is pretty uncomfortable.  Yet another reason why I am truly grateful to have a desk job.  My wonderful supervisor got approval for me to wear flip flops for the remainder of my pregnancy; I didn't even ask for this privilege, but it is totally appreciated.  And now that my stomach is thoroughly crammed under my left rib, I don't have the room to eat normal portions... As a result, I'm constantly eating; a few bites here and there, because I'm still hungry - I just don't have room for food anymore. 

Physical differences from last week:  I didn't weigh in this week, and I never let the nurse say my weight out loud...  I'm hoping to still be right around 32-33 pounds.  Cervix progress:  not quite 3 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced.  This would be AWESOME news, if Lucy were head down...  Here's my weekly pic:



What's been on my mind:  I think we are ready for babe-a-roni's arrival!  Thank you notes have been mailed; freezer meals are cooked (yes, I have a post coming ALL about this); the seemingly impossible to-do list is DONE!!!  These days I'm just trying to relax as much as possible and enjoy my amazing hubby while he's still all mine. 

What I'm looking forward to:  my doctor calling me sometime tomorrow with potential dates for the version procedure.  I'm scared, but excited for this procedure.  I'm scared because of the rare, but potential, risks; I'm excited because this may be the answer to my prayers for a natural, vaginal birth.  Never fear, I have an entire post dedicated to our baby turning journey - hopefully I'll get that posted later this week.

Random thoughts:  Casey's co-workers threw us the sweetest joint baby shower on Friday.  They were extremely generous and thoughtful.  I went to his office after my prenatal visit for lunch, cake, and presents!  One of his co-workers made the most adorable bumble bee cake:


And they were all very generous gift-givers!  We got tons of cute outfits, blankets, toys, and even a swing! 


It was a great afternoon!  We couldn't be more appreciative of all the love and support we've received from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment