Wednesday, September 29, 2010

13 weeks - Second Trimester

It has been an eventful week folks.  I had a birthday.  I met my Nestie nephew.  I switched OBs.  Hmmm...am I forgetting anything?  I hope not...

First, my birthday.  My sweet baby gave me a wonderful birthday present; although a tad belated, I am beyond impressed with his ability to gift from inside the womb.  Are you all itching with curiosity?  Gabe gifted second trimester!  As of today I am officially in second trimester, and I could not be happier.  Thank you Gabe  :-)

Second, I met my Nestie Bestie Meg's son, Ryan Edward, over the weekend.  He is the tiniest, sweetest baby I've ever met.  It was so amazing to hear Meg's birth story and meet her little guy; I cannot even imagine the day we meet our little peach (and its only six months away)!

Third, my OB.  After much thought, I've decided to change doctors.  While I really love the practice I started with, their location and hours are not convenient for me at all.  Now that I am working in Downtown Phoenix, it is not reasonable to drive back to North Scottsdale at least once a month for the next six months.  I did some research, and I found an OB less than five miles from my office, that delivers at the hospital near my office and also at the hospital near my home.  Now I'll be covered if I go into labor at work or at home, and it will be very easy to schedule appointments without having to miss much work.  I'm scheduled to see my new OB on Monday, and I cannot wait.  I'll have an ultrasound, and this will be considered my "first official prenatal" visit.  Yayayay! 

Baby is now the size of a:  Peach!  His ears have developed to the point that he can hear me when I talk or sing; he apparently has the hiccups very often - this strengthens his diaphragm to prepare for breathing; he now has fingerprints.


How I'm feeling:  I want to go ahead and say that the bodily functions of pregnant women are absolutely disgusting.  I won't go into detail - no, I'm not talking about bathroom habits - but this is just nasty and uncomfy.  I'm still tired, nauseous, and my food aversions are suddenly on overdrive.  Apparently around week 14 or 15 the placenta will take over the hormone production, and my nausea and fatigue should disappear completely.

Physical differences from last week:  Just feeling fat and wide as usual.  My wonderful mama and mama-in-law bought me some maternity clothes, and let me tell ya, they are heavenly.  I just love not feeling like a sausage, squeezing into my non-maternity clothes, when I get dressed in the morning.  Here is a picture (I need to figure out the side-by-side comparison):


What's been on my mind:  The sex of our baby.  I am really, REALLY hoping that at this next ultrasound we will have a wonderfully talented technician, and our baby will be positioned ever so conveniently, and the technician will say, "Would you like to know the sex of your baby?" 

What I'm looking forward to:  Meeting my new OB.  Seeing the bambino on the big screen again.  Getting a real baby bump (not just a bloated, I ate too many Flaming Hot Cheetos bump).  Shopping for gender appropriate clothes - that unisex stuff is just terrible.

1 comment:

  1. Aw bummed you switched! I wanted to know how things went with her through delivery :) And hello: "Gender Approprate" = wrong on so many levels girl!

    ReplyDelete