Sunday, September 19, 2010

11 weeks - waaay late!

Good morning peeps!  I'm sorry for another late post.  I really hope I can get a hold of my time management, and make work, school, and blogging all fit into my schedule. 

Baby is now the size of a:  large lime!!!  Gabe is almost fully formed; his fingers and toes are no longer webbed, his bones are hardening, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming.  He's also becoming very active!  He is kicking and stretching like a mad man; unfortunately, I won't be able to feel all of his little somersaults and hiccups for at least another month or two.  I found these amazing videos on the baby's development, and I think you will all enjoy them, they are so interesting.  Each video is only a minute or two long, so your attention spans are not in jeopardy, I promise.  The second video focuses on his growth this week through week 14:

http://www.babycenter.com/2_inside-pregnancy-weeks-1-to-9_10302602.bc?scid=mbtw_preg07:986&pe=2Uz0WBl

How I'm feeling:  Well lets see...I have more energy, more nausea, and my hormones are off the charts.  Only one more week until second trimester, and all this first trimester nonsense will be behind us - except for the hormones, they'll be on overdrive for a long while.  Oh, note to self - and any other pregnant ladies - avoid tear-jerker movies like the plague.  I watched Dear John last night, and I cried at least three separate times.  Not cool.

Physical differences from last week:  You tell me  ;)



What's been on my mind:  I really, REALLY want to know the sex.  Every old wives tale points to boy, and I know that really isn't the most reliable guide, but I just want to know!!!  I can't wait to start shopping for little boy or girl clothes, and start planning the nursery. 

What I'm looking forward to:  Finally telling my supervisor that I'm pregnant.  I'm more looking forward to having this secret off my chest, than actually physically telling her.  There's another underwriting assistant that is also pregnant, I think she is 3-4 weeks ahead of me, so it'll be really fun to get to know her more and go through this together. 

Random thoughts:  We bought  a fetal heart rate doppler!!!   I am so glad we did, it is just the most amazing feeling to hear your baby's heartbeat.  The first time we used it, it took us a good ten minutes to find the heartbeat, but now we're practically pros!  The heartbeat has been under 150 bpm every time, another indicator that its a little boy in my belly  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment